Episode N°11 – Toxic Mission
What could possibly be lying in that obscure cave in which you will be leading your investigation?
|Image||How to get||Bait|
|View the unofficial guide|
Quest Items Edit
|Name||Purpose||Where to find|
Official Episode Guide Edit
CHAPTER I - Back in time!
CHAPTER II - To the Batcave!
CHAPTER III - Mushroom Poison
In H.Q., you hosted an emissary of the Fenghuang people. You served as their lady-in-waiting. Very approachable, you told them about your passionate human life. Huang Hua seemed to like you. You showed them around H.Q. and you learned a bit more about the Fenghuang people. Upon her departure, Huang Hua tells you that a soul lights up in your presence...
Back in time!
♦ Go to the village Inn.
You’ve arrived in Valenvia with one of the boys to help Chrome and Ewelein with their mission.
Chrome, normally calm, seems quite annoyed with the boy. Go to the inn to finished the day.
The follow day, you will find Chrome at the entrance to the inn.
According to him, a mass of people have congregated around the village fountain.
You decide to go check things out.
♦ Get close to the village fountain to see what's going on.
In the village, you see an old woman, who holds certain responsibilities, visibly. She is talking to the villagers and trying to reassure them.
A new attack has happened, another villager has been contaminated. Chrome suggests to investigate the caves.
♦ Follow Chrome to the cave!
Here, you learn something new. You are going to be able to play the episode with one of the three boys chosen at random.
You will have to replay the episode two more times before being able to choose the boy for this episode.
You go to the cursed cave. You find one of the boys. In any case, he refuses to go with you to explore the cave.
The danger is too great for him to take the risk of you getting hurt.
He asks you to go talk to the villagers and look for clues at the scene of the crime.
♦ Search the “scene of the crime” for clues.
You can now look for clues near the cave, but when you try to enter the village, a flashback is unlocked.
You are in H.Q., a few days before, just after Huang Hua’s departure.
You are in the library, Kero is explaining the basics of the history of Eldarya.
You learn that this world is not old and is not the result of a natural evolution.
It was created by the first faeries after their exile from Earth.
H.Q. is getting over the visit of the Fenghuang emissary and must prepare for winter. This is when you must help the friendly Karuto to stock rations.
You realize that the stocks in the human world are quite limited and the rations don’t vary, much like leasure objects.
Kero interrupts your passionate discussion and asks you to go to the Crystal room where Miiko is waiting for you.
♦ Join Miiko in the Crystal Room to receive your new mission.
Miiko has a mission for you. Your guide is also with you.
You learn that you will have to go to Balenvia with one of the three boys to help Chrome and Ewelein, and investigate the contaminations of the villagers.
♦ Take some clothes to change into, as well as, a backpack.
→ Find a first aid kit in the infirmary.
→ Find some weapons in the forge.
→ Get some rations from Karuto.
To accomplish this mission, you must take several objects: a change of clothes is in your room; rations from Karutoland; weapons at the forge; and a first aid kit from the infirmary.
You can meet Karenn, Valkyon, Ezarel, Nevra.
♦ Go back to the Crystal Room.
Go to the Crystal Room to start your mission at Balenvia and come back to the present.
To the Batcave!
♦ Search the "scene of the crime" for clues.
Once you are back to the present, you continue your mission and try to find clues at the scene of the crime. You find moss, rocks and footprints, of which you made a sketch in your notebook. Once the clues are collected, you can go question to the villagers.
♦ Interrogate the villagers about the victim and what they could have seen last night.
You must interrogate the village elder, a Moogliz milk vendor and a village couple. You learn that the man from the couple is the brother of the last villager contaminated. You ask them question about the clues that you collected. Once the information gathered, you find Chrome and talk about the situation. You discuss all the information collected before going to talk to the boy.
♦ Find Ezarel/Nevra/Valkyon to give him your report of your investigation.
When your investigation is over, you find the boy accompanying you and you give him your report. Although you did good work, he still refuses to let you explore the cave. You start to get angry but Chrome calms the fire and asks you to follow him to the inn.
♦ Go to the inn.
→ Go back to the inn.
Chrome has rummaged through the boy’s bag and looked at his notes. Apparently, he wrote "basilisk". The boy suspects this beast is responsible for the poisonings. The cave has many galleries, which is the typical environment of this creature. It’s up to you to decide whether you believe this story or not... After this strange conversation with Chrome, you decide to get some air and walk around the exterior of the village. You return to the inn once your walk is over. You fall asleep very quickly.
♦ Join Ezarel/Nevra/Valkyon at the village entrance.
The next day, the boy come to look for you and you join him at the entrance of the inn. He tells you that you are going to explore the cave with him. Join him at the entrance to the village. He will give you an amulet and a potion. You put on the jewel and drink a vile potion, which are supposed to protect you against being poisoned.
♦ Now that you're with Ezarel/Nevra/Valkyon, go to the caves.
Once the preparations are finished, you go to the cave with the boy. You can meet Ewelein on the way. She shares her doubts on the effectiveness of the amulet and the potion... Why did she ask you to drink that vile potion?
♦ Explore the inside of the caves.
You start exploring the cave at the entrance. It’s just a first try. Even with the darkness and deepness of the place, you can meet Chrome, who is supposed to be helping Ewelein, drunk with boredom. You see an opening in a pillar, you decide to slip inside. You will find a Grookhan, a rare Companion. You can try to capture it. You then continue to explore going deeper into the cave. You don’t find anything interesting, when suddenly you hear a rumbling. The cave is collapsing.
♦ Get out of the cave before you find yourself trapped inside!
You run outside before the cave collapses on you. The boy remains cautious when faced with this situation. It wasn’t a small cave-in and his theory about the basilisk doesn’t hold up as there were no secretions or noise, typical of this creature. Even more, the cave seems too well kept, as if someone was living there...
♦ Go back to the inn to give the samples to Ewelein.
After that crazy adventure, you return to the inn to see Ewelein and give them the samples you found in the cave. She seems quite angry… But you give her your report, a clue could help her find a remedy. You learn that the search for an antidote isn’t moving fast. You go back to your room to finish the day.
♦ Quickly go to the village entrance, you're expected there!
The next day, you are woken by the boy. You quickly get dressed and join him at the entrance to the village. You find him talking to the village elder. She seems to be warning him about the dangers in the cave. You learn that the cave-ins are quite common, but started after the Crystal exploded. Of course, he decides to continue on with the mission and takes to you the cave.
♦ Go see the extent of the damage of yesterday's landslide.
You enter the cave to see the extent of the damage. Once inside, everything looks normal, as if the cave-in had never happened. The boy suspects a presence… You continue exploring until you arrive in the depths of the cave. You don’t see anything special, but boy still wants to go further. He forbids you to follow him and advances, alone, into the dark cave… While waiting, you walk around and check out the cave.
♦ Go look for Ezarel/Nevra/Valkyon.
The boy still isn’t back, you decide to go look for him. You find him lying on the ground.
He must have fainted. You try to wake him up but he doesn’t seem conscious.
Luckily, thanks to your Herculean strength you manage to pull him out of the cave.
♦ Get out of the cave!
You finally pull the boy to the cave entrance.
Chrome and Valarian, seeing you arrive, help you to carry the boy and accompany you to the inn.
At the inn, Ewelein greets you, ready to help the boy.
♦ While waiting to hear news of his health, talk with the villagers and get your mind off of things... Also, try to stay hopeful.
Feeling useless, you decide to get some air and get away from the inn. You can meet a crowd around the village.
The rumors are spreading fast. You run into Chrome, who feels bad for your but encourages you to not feel guilty.
Finally, you meet Ewelein who tells you that the boy is poisoned and that he is in critical condition.
She indirectly encourages you to go to the cave to get her a sample of the poison so she can make an antidote.
♦ Find a poison sample.
→ Walk to the front of the caves.
→ Take this talking mushroom all the way to his home.
You decide to go to the cave, alone. You go deep into the cave and you start to hear strange noises.
You soon discover the source of the noises.
The noises are coming from talking mushrooms... One of the mushrooms is stuck in a rock.
You bring it back to its family and discover the world of the Myconides, a mushroom community led by a patriarch.
♦ Go see the patriarch of these strange creatures.
You go see the patriarch of the Myconides and explain the situation to him.
He explains that they are the poisoners but that didn’t know they poisoned the villagers.
The patriarch insists that you leave otherwise you will be poisoned too.
He promises to give you a sample of their poison the next day.
You actually start to feel strange...
♦ Leave the cave as fast as possible.
Your vision gets fuzzy and everything around you is out of focus.
You faint outside the cave, just in time to see Chrome coming to get you.
♦ Go to the Crystal Room to get to the bottom of it all.
→ Leave the Crystal Room.
When you wake up, you are in your room, the boy is at your side.
He thanks you for saving him and tells you what happened after you fainted.
He orders you to go to the Crystal Room to get the whole story from Miiko.
She explains that the Balenvians and Myconides don’t get along.
The latter have isolated themselves in the caves to avoid further contaminations.
You feel horrible about it, but Leiftan is there to mother you. You tell him you want to go home.
Unofficial Guide Edit
This will be updated at a later date to an English translation
Credit for maps goes to Through Eldarya
Catching Grookhan Edit
During the objective Get out the cave before you get trapped, you will have the ability to capture a Grookhan. If you go past the objective you will not be able to capture this companion.
To catch it, once you’re in the cave, go to [Inside the pillar] > [Bridge] > [Gateway of the horizon] > [To the right] > [Gallery] > Click on the rocks to remove them.
Then go towards [Remains of the solitary]. You will find the companion there.
You’ll need to have it’s bait, Piece of Stone (found at the Big Leaf Path, Jade Coast), to capture the Grookhan.
Love'o'Meter Guide Edit
- A. Green answers have a positive effect on the character. +
- B. Red answers have a negative effect on the character. -
- C. Blue answers have no effect on the character. =
- D. Black answers have not been discovered on the wiki.
IMPORTANT: The guy you go on the mission with is random, to go with all the guys you will have to use replays. (You can’t meet the same guy twice until you’ve met all three using replays.)
Once you’ve played the episode with the three guys, you can pick who you want to spend the episode with during a replay.
- A. (When I think about it, not at all.) =
- B. (I think yes, I'm sure something is up over there...) =
- C. (Hmm, at the same time, I understand that. I'm really am between a rock and a hard place.) (Towards any illustration?) =
- A. (Leave the benefit of the doubt) =
- B. (Be suspicious) =
- A. Maybe Ewelein can not find a cure? -
- B. Hmm... =
- C. I hope so too... (Towards Illustration, more dialogue) =
- D. (Do not add anything.) =
- A. That luck flies away and one of the villagers does not get out of it. (More dialogue) +
- B. That the same thing happens to us! (Towards Illustration, More dialogue) +
- C. That the cause of this disease is never found! (More dialogue) =
- A. You are right. +
- B. That will be difficult. =
- A. What can make you think that? =
- B. You promise? (More dialogue) +
- C. I have trouble believing you. -
- A. We should. What is the point of giving our services if we are unable to keep our promises? -
- B. I know. It is a bit Utopian to think it =
- A. Yes, I can not wait! +
- B. More or less, I apprehend a little... =
- C. No, I wanted to do the mission of rebuilding the temple. -
- A. Afterwards, I can understand... =
- B. I was more frustrated than angry, actually... =
- C. You can always be forgiven, you know. (Towards illustration) (More dialogue) =
- A. (Stand up to him.) (Towards illustration) =
- B. (Stop this little game.) =
- A. And go well, get out. (Towards illustration) (More dialogue) =
- B. (Do not continue the conversation.) =
- A. More seriously, if you're hungry for blood, you can go... (Towards illustration) +
- B. Why are you afraid of loving? =
- C. I was joking. =
- A. Nevra... Not now. -
- B. I can do it right now? =
- C. (Take his arm.) (Towards illustration) +
- A. (Wait a little longer.) =
- B. (Go to recharge only.) (Towards illustration) =
- C. (Call it.) =
「So, happy about your mission to Balenvia?」
- A. Yes, even though I ended up with Ezarel... -
- B. No chance I'll get bored with Ezarel there. =
- C. I hope Ezarel won't be a tyrant. +
- A. On the contrary, it will allow me to know Valkyon more. -
- B. Well, I still have trouble figuring out Valkyon... =
- C. Not at all, I trust Valkyon. +
- A. (Castor and Pollux? That rings a bell, actually!) (Towards illustration, more dialogue) =
- B. Castor and who? =
- A. (I'm certain he's referring to Pollux from the Magic Roundabout!) =
- B. (Could he be talking about the twins from the Roman myth?) (Towards illustration?) (More dialogue) =
- C. (After Twilight...do you think they have their version of the Hunger Games as well?) =
- D. Like... Father Castor? =
- E. (Actually, no... I don't know what he's talking about.) =
「You've got it all wrong. I know Roman History extremely well. I'm surprised you know it too. I just thought anything to do with what you wrongly defined as "myths" didn't interest you.」
- A. Don't be mistaken! I really like mythology... (Towards illustration?) +
- B. What do you mean, "what we wrongly define"?! =
- A. Nice, really very nice -
- B. The same. I have morale in socks since. =
- C. (Ignore) +
「I hope you won't be too harsh about it in the end.」
- A. I promise nothing, I am always very angry. =
- B. I'm not mad... =
- C. We'll see, be nice and maybe it will appease me ♥ (Towards illustration) =
- A. Well... Thank you for excusing me, it's nice. =
- B. (Do not add anything) =
「Nothing for the moment. I'm fine with just watching for now. What about you, any theories?」
- A. I was for the basilisk one, pretty much... =
- B. Maybe it's a ghost? -
- C. Maybe it's a rock monster or some kind of vegetation? (Towards illustration) +
- D. Sorry, I have no idea. =
- A. Sorry! (I immediately let go, embarrassed.) (Towards illustration) +
- B. That was a reflex, I'm sorry. -
- C. (Act as if nothing had happened) =
- A. (Wait a little longer) (Towards illustration) =
- B. (Set off alone to continue the quest) =
- C. (Call him) =
- A. (I'll confess I'm jealous, but it's out of question to tell him.) +
- B. I am not jealous. -
- C. A little, I would have liked to do the mission. =
- A. You could tell me "no, I can not answer because blablabla" -
- B. Yes, it's true, I was just curious. sorry. +
- C. Let's say that your "no" without anything else, surprised me. =
- A. You look exhausted... You have enormous rings. -
- B. You look exhausted... Are you okay? (Towards illustration?) =
- C. You look exhausted ... you want to go to rest? (More dialogue) =
- D. (Don't say anything.) =
- A. Are you sure?
- B. I insist. you need some rest. (More dialogue) =
- C. (Making a sulky pout.) +
- A. Valkyon, I'm worried about you, you know. =
- B. You promise? +
- C. I have trouble believing you. -
- A. Are you sure you have not forgotten anything? -
- B. You are very organized. +
- C. I do not know if that's very helpful. =
- A. I was really angry after yesterday's conversation... =
- B. I should have been more understanding of yesterday's conversation... (Towards illustration) +
- C. I wanted to thank you for being so considerate with us. =
- A. You think it's basil? =
- B. You have tracks? =
- C. That is to say? =
- A. Like a dryad? =
- B. Kind of a "monster-rock? =
- A. Do not apologize, for once you speak! -
- B. I understand, sometimes it's simpler to think like that. =
- C. It does not bother me, I like to hear your voice. +
- A. It's cute, the way Chrome obeys me without bothering. +
- B. You get along with chrome. -
- C. On we go, then chief. (Towards illustration?) =
- A. (Wait a little longer) =
- B. (Go looking for her alone.) =
- C. (Call it.) =
「Oh, I see.」
- A. I hope he's not going to be too much of a drag... =
- B. I've got a feel I'll have a good time with him. -
- C. I'm a little apprehensive about it, actually. +
- A. Ah, do not you have an ongoing mission then? =
- B. You can take some time for yourself. -
- C. I would have liked to go on a mission with you. +
「How are you?」
- A. Fine, can't you see? (I hope he can here the sarcasm I'm lacing my voice with.) +
- B. Bad very bad. =
- C. Sorry, I don't want to talk about it. -
- A. (Don't let myself go in front of Leiftan.) +
- B. (Let myself go in front of Leiftan.) +
「Our ancestors created it a few centuries ago. A few decades before the Great Exile. I thought you knew that.」
- A. Yes, but I wanted to be sure... =
- B. Not at all, I thought it was quite a recent world. =
「Hmm, although for now it might be difficult, as the only people able to teach you in the optimal way are away on missions, about to leave on one, or overstretched.」
- A. Well, thanks for the false hope. -
- B. Can't you just let me know when someone becomes available? =
- C. Some other time then, it's not very important. +
- A. Why, should I feel something? =
- B. The taste was horrible. =
- C. Could I get side effects later? =
「Nothing... What did you need from me?」
- A. (Insist on knowing what's troubling her.) =
- B. (Don't insist and leave her in peace.) (Towards any illustration?) =
「Don't give me that, you've been here since yesterday, you have no idea how lame it's getting here!」
- A. Hey! Calm down, it's not worth getting mad at me like that. -
- B. Take a deep breath, calm down... +
- C. (Leave him alone to his cursing) =
- A. It's annoying. (More dialogue) =
- B. You look like a beaten puppy. -
- C. Come on now, give me a smile. (More dialogue) =
- A. (Respond coldly) -
- B. (Respond sarcastically) +
- C. (Ignore) =
- A. (Pretend not to have heard anything) =
- B. (Jump on the chance to give him a nickname worse than Chromy) =
- A. They already looked and found nothing. =
- B. Yeah, let’s go back to the cave. =
- A. Which means? =
- B. It’s ancient Greek. =
「I think that your meeting with Huang Hua was a sign that we're going to battle the Basilisk!」
- A. I don’t believe that for a second... =
- B. That seems pretty likely. =
- C. (I don't really know what to think.) (More dialogue later) =
- A. Again with this Basilisk?
- B. I believe you. +
- C. You should go back to the village. =
「Hey! You don't look too good.」
- A. (Tell the truth) =
- B. (Lie) =
「I'm okay. I'm a little short on gossip, which makes me a little sad.」
- A. Awww, poor thing. +
- B. You'll probably have loads when I return. =
- C. Seriously, get a life. -